Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For Southwestern Art Fans - a Touch of O'Keeffe!


I have a number of small works on hand, in a variety of mediums that I've explored over the years. Most have been displayed during some point in my career, but have been in storage since I decided to leave the gallery scene. Market value of these works varies from $50 - $800, so there are some real bargains to be had.

This is one of them: Southwestern Series, Study, from Georgia O'Keeffe country. It is a small gouache (opaque watercolor) on paper, 6.75 "H x 3.75"W, actual image size. Signed on the bottom margin around the painting and simply matted for a 14" x 9" frame (could be cut for 12 x 9). Attached on back with archival linen tape. The color is pretty good here, though it has a slight yellow tinge that isn't true - the buildings are more taupe in color, and show up well against the bright blue sky. The mat is white - looks darker here. I sold a number of larger works in this series, as well as some that were much smaller. Two of the largest were commissioned for the office of H. R. Associates, an architectural firm in Raleigh, NC. This work is featured in my "Homeless Paintings" album on my Facebook page, Beth Stafford Art Adventures - super price!

My gouaches are in some notable collections, including those of American Express, Oxford University Press, and the United States Department of State. For more information, see my website.